Our services enable you to focus on patient care, getting you out from behind a computer and in front of your patients.
For making your research projects more profitable by improving efficiency and increasing throughput. We do this by taking regulatory, administrative, and business hassles off of your hands.
Your time is valuable. Let us show you how a different approach can increase revenue and better utilize clinical staff.
What is Expert Research Solutions?
Study Metrix, LLC. is now offering consultation services through Expert Research Solutions (ERS). ERS provides turn key outsourcing options for research administration, designed and developed specifically for Physician Investigators and their research staff members.
Dr. Timothy R. Smith and Mitzi Sutton have spent a combined 38 years performing sponsored clinical trials for over 100 pharmaceutical companies as members of one of the largest health systems in the United States. They have now made their experience and expertise available to your investigative sites and are ready to go to work for you. Their specialty is in providing expert business and regulatory support programming as an external resource to relieve research administrative burdens. The team can can help you:
Improve efficiency of your research operations
Increase throughput for your research programs
Reduce regulatory risk by improving compliance and audit readiness
Expand your research volume and grown new business
Improve your research bottom line
Their business model is flexible; allowing each investigative site to contract only for the services they need. Our pricing strategies are very reasonable, making it much more cost effective to outsource your business office support than to hire, train, and maintain your own full time staff.
The Expert Team
Timothy R. Smith, MD, RPh
34 years experience in healthcare (pharmacist, physician, researcher, medical director, corporate healthcare officer)
Principal Investigator or Sub-Investigator for more than 590 clinical trials and original research projects over his career
Experienced in all aspects of research business management and regulatory compliance
Extensive leadership in team building, healthcare innovation development, and grant seeking
Recognized and awarded for healthcare and research excellence, leadership, and lifetime achievement
Mitzi Sutton, CHRC
- Over 25 years of healthcare experience (practice manager, research administrator, executive director)
- Led and managed all business office functions for over 720 clinical trials in her career
- Certified in Research Regulatory Compliance
- Expertise in research SOP development and implementation, research contract and budget completion, research revenue cycle management, coverage analysis, and proposal development
- Experience in audit readiness, successfully hosting FDA audits for 8 clinical trials with no adverse findings (no 483’s or warnings)
What Expert Research Solutions can do for you
Contract negotiation and legal review
Revenue cycle management
SOC billing support
Standard operating procedure development, training, and deployment
IRB submission training
New clinical trial business development support
- Investigator and research related personnel training in 21 CFR part 11, COFI, GCP/ICH guidelines and HIPAA
- Research misconduct mitigation
Audit readiness support
Compliance metrics improvement
- Research methods
- Investigator initiated protocol development support
- Observational study support
- Consortia participation
- Research publication development support
- Statistical/technical/data consultations